Freitag, 29. Mai 2009

Xfm's Best British Songs Of All Time - Really?

So Xfm has "decided to name" the 100 best British songs of all time, and the results are, let's say, slightly surprising. I mean, as an Oasis fan one might argue that I shouldn't complain too much, but: The Beatles' best position is 18? Best Blur song Song 2? The Smiths's first mentioning at No. 23? Arctic Monkeys in the Top Ten??? COME ON!!! At least, Elbow is rated higher than Coldplay (who don't even make the Top 30...) ;-)

Here are Xfm's Top Ten, by the way. I predict some bias...

1. Oasis - Live Forever
2. Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger
3. Oasis - Wonderwall
4. The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection
5. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
6. The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
7. The Who - My Generation
8. Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
9. The Clash - London Calling
10. Oasis - Champagne Supernova

And here you can check out the rest: http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2009/best-british-songs

But in the end, each and every one of those kind of lists is 100% subjective, isn't it? And because of that, it needs to be discussed...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen